Clean wool rugs: wool rugs or carpets have many advantages, soft hand feel, good elasticity, bright color and thick texture, almost perfect. Now there is a question, can the wool rug or carpet be washed? The answer is no, how to clean the pure wool rug?
What is the wool carpet cleaning method?
Table of Contents
- Vacuuming: The first step is to fully vacuum the vacuum cleaner, especially the solid waste and objects on the ground need to be cleaned first.
- Partial treatment: The oil stain, fruit stain and coffee stain on the rug are treated separately with a special detergent.
- Dilute the rug foam cleaner: Dilute the detergent into the bubble box.
- Hand brush treatment: hand brush to deal with the edge of the rug, corners and where the machine is pushed.
- Dry bubble brushing: use a single-disc sweeper equipped with a bubbler, rug brush, scrub the rug with dry foam. After the cleaning agent has been applied to the rug for a while, the brushing work is repeated.
- Combing: use a rug comb to comb the rug cilia, which is very important for the appearance of the rug, especially the long-fiber lint rug, and has the effect of speeding up the drying of the rug.
- Sucking: After the rug wool is completely dry, use a vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and dry foam crystals.
Wool rug cleaning precautions
- It is necessary to dry the rugs regularly – pay attention to “drying” instead of direct sunlight, otherwise, it will fade.
- Need to go to the professional cleaning shop for cleaning regularly.
- Wool is prone to dust mites, insecticides should be placed in the collection, but it is best not to touch the carpet itself to prevent corrosion.
Can wool rugs shine directly under the sun?
The main reason for the use of wool rugs is the fear of fading and aging after sun exposure. Fading is due to exposure to sunlight or artificial light. Aging is because wool rugs contain a lot of protein, which is exposed to the sun and accelerates aging due to protein damage, which has a great impact on rugs. In fact, there is no big problem in the wool rug for 1–2 hours. In the rainy summer environment, the indoor air is wet and the pure wool rug is easy to breed bacteria and some parasites. The proper drying can effectively eliminate bacteria and parasites.
Wool carpet cleaning tips
- Eliminate pet odor:
- Add 4 cups of vinegar to 4 warm water, soak it in a towel and wring it out. Vinegar not only prevents the rug from discoloring or fading but also eliminates the pet’s odor (soda is also deodorizing). After rubbing, leave it in a well-ventilated place to air dry.
- Wool rug dust removal method, when cleaning the rug, you can sprinkle some salt first, which has the function of suppressing dust flying. Because salt can absorb dust, even small dust can be cleaned up. At the same time, it can make the rug more durable, and often keep the color bright.
- Erase coffee stains:
- If you accidentally spill the coffee onto the wool rug, you can first use a dry cloth or paper to absorb the water, then mix the same amount of white wine and alcohol on the stain, and wipe it off with a dry cloth. If there is no white wine, vinegar has the same effect. In view of this, if you have leftovers in your home, you can make good use of it and keep your home clean.
- In addition to coffee, food stains, such as black tea, which are susceptible to color, can also be removed in the same way.
- Clear chewing gum:
- Use a plastic bag to put ice cubes over the chewing gum, let the chewing gum solidify, then press the test by hand. When the chewing gum is completely hardened, remove it with a brush or a toothbrush, and then brush it thoroughly with a brush.
- Do not use chemical dilution agents arbitrarily, as this will damage the wool carpet and will not pay for it.
The price of wool carpet is not cheap, don’t wash it, don’t wash it, and the above cleaning method is suitable for daily cleaning. If you want to clean it, look for a professional person.
If you want to know how to clean other material rugs or carpets, please check this link: How To Clean Carpets / Rugs?